Tallulah River Campground
- Reservations: Reservations are not accepted. Occupancy of sites are on a first come first serve basis
- Camping Fees: $15/site/night, year round.
- Permit Info: Georgia fishing license and trout stamp required for fishing
- Open Season: Open Year Round
- Restrictions: The maximum length of stay is 14 days.
- Closest Towns: The nearest town is approximately 30 minutes southeast in Clayton, GA. Here campers will find restaurants, grocery stores, etc.
- Water: Drinking water from hand pumps are strategically placed throughout grounds
- Restroom: 2 Chemical flushed facilities
- Passes: The Interagency Senior and Access Passes and the Golden Age and Access Passports are accepted. These passes entitle the pass holder to a 50% discount on camping fees
- Operated By: Chattahoochee Management, INC. under permit by the US Forest Service
- Information Center: Please contact the Chattooga River Ranger District office at
Tallulah River Campground Clayton, GA
Physical Address: 1441 Tallulah River Rd., Clayton, GA
Take U.S. 76 west from Clayton for 8 miles; turn right (north) Persimmon Rd. (a paved county road) for 5 miles; turn left (northwest) on Forest Service Road 70 for 1 mile to Tallulah River (another 3 miles to reach Tate Branch and another 5 miles to Sandy Bottom).
This campground is accessible to those with disabilities.
There are 3 RV pull-throughs for your convenience.
This campground is accessible to those with disabilities. MORE INFO…
Good, hard-surface roads until you reach Forest Service Road 70; expect narrow gravel road that is crooked and steep in parts.
Onion River Campground
Camping at Onion River is respectful and kind and always fun. There is never a shortgage of good people, hot showers. There is full hookup for water, electric & septic, walking trails, swimming access in the river and at Paradise Falls. You’ll find spacious sites along the Winooski River, or just come find a private nook tucked up in the apple orchard, next to the plum tree by the pond. We provide free firewood all season! The foliage at Onion River is always spectacular. We are open May-October.
Dan River Campground
Dan River Campground is an intimate, quiet destination for relaxing and river activities. It is less than an hour from Triad cities Greensboro, High Point and Winston Salem in the great state of North Carolina. It is also a short drive from Virginia cities Martinsville and Danville. It is closest to the town of Madison and not far from Reidsville. The park is 31/2 miles from State Route 220 for easy access but none of the highway noise. Canoe, kayak and tubing trips depart from the campground with Dan River Adventures.
K River Campground
K River is a safe, well-maintained, family friendly campground on 36 acres of heaven in the heart of the Kiamichi Mountains of southeast Oklahoma. In addition to a half-mile of frontage on the beautiful Kiamichi River, it is surrounded by forests, lakes, rocks and lots of natural beauty. Canoe, kayak, camp, fish, swim, pan for gold or go birding. This campground offers RV pads, cabins and tent sites and is loaded with outdoor activities for everyone, or you can simply enjoy the peace and quiet.
Platte River Campground
Platte River Campground is located in the southern district of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, on the lower peninsula of the state of Michigan. This year-round facility is one of the most popular campgrounds in the park. It is within walking distance of the Platte River and a short walk or drive away from the Lake Michigan shore. Hikers can access many of the area’s day use and backpacking trails just north of the campground. Campers can enjoy hiking, canoeing, kayaking and fishing on the river or the lake.
Davidson River Campground
Davidson River Campground features camping and outdoor activities for the whole family. The campground boasts several loops of shaded campsites, as well as access to hiking trails, fishing spots, waterfalls and several nearby attractions within Pisgah National Forest. It is in the state of North Carolina, just four miles west of the town of Brevard and less than an hour from the city of Asheville. The campground is located in Pisgah National Forest at an elevation of 2,150 feet. The surrounding land boasts mile-high peaks, cascading waterfalls and slopes thickly forested with hardwoods and conifers. The group camping area is adjacent to the beautiful Davidson River. This beautiful campground is open year round.